So any successful prints yet?

2»

Comments

• Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for sharing the details on that failed print, Shane.
    This is likely due to the manufacturing fault and we should take the full responsibility.   We will send you a replacement VAT after we finish the second batch of shipping.

For the second batch, we have changed to a new vendor to make our VAT, and have implemented several new approaches for applying the Teflon coating as well post production check list.

• kniborknibor Member, Backers
    Hi shane and 3DFacture,

I also had my resin vat cracked with micro fractures. But I didn't use IPA ... Soo that can't be the fault... I did however use FUN TO DO resin so I blamed it on that... Because I can't find anything other that could be the cause... Did you only use makerjuice? Because than it can't be the fun to do resin responsible :/
  • Joseph_OsbornJoseph_Osborn Member, Backers
    knibor said:

Hi shane and 3DFacture,

I also had my resin vat cracked with micro fractures. But I didn't use IPA ... Soo that can't be the fault... I did however use FUN TO DO resin so I blamed it on that... Because I can't find anything other that could be the cause... Did you only use makerjuice? Because than it can't be the fun to do resin responsible :/

Have you been able to print anything other than the little calibration block successfully?  What version of FTD resin are you using?  Sorry for the questions, but good, empirical data is hard to come by right now, and the more information the ultimate backers share, the better 3Dfacture can adjust to the issues.
  • sabotagesabotage Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    @Andrew_3Dfacture, thanks for the offer of a replacement VAT, I gladly accept :) To me, this is all part of the growth and learning process for a new company and product line.

@knibor, I have only used the maker juice I was sent as part of my reward package. No FTD.
    Shane...
    imageBacker(Ultimate Package - delivered on July 1, 2015)
    edited July 2015
    I've printed very much marvin keychains :)! It works fine for me after adjusting the bottom exposure time and degreesing the normal exposure time ;)! Will share a picture when my settings are perfect (:!
  • sabotagesabotage Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    Be sure to share your settings (exposure times) too ;)
    Shane...
    imageBacker(Ultimate Package - delivered on July 1, 2015)
    As soon as they're perfect for my setup I will :)! But still after 25 marvins it isn't perfect enough for me