Test Print - Lucky Cat

rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
Another large item (60mm tall). Need to use a support base in order to have enough attachment to the build plate to resist the pull forces of the FEP tape. Done with my 50um profile, 5 base layers, 22 sec exposure, 5 second normal exposure. No other supports required.

Somehow the right ear got clipped. Maybe a slicing issue? Not gonna worry about it right now.

You can see the obvious banding for my z-axis wobble issue. I hope I get that fixed.

See the album here.

Sample print:

image
Ron

Comments

  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    Nice try, Ron! We will sort out the z-axis wobble issue so that it will be a perfect print then.
  • ValterValter Member, Backers
    Wow great!!!
    I did see cat picture on album. So I can see in the tip of left ear are incomplete. Is this 3d model, print or config problem?
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    I'll look at the slices since I have that model still loaded on the computer attached to the printer and let you know.

    It is perfectly flat, so my first thought was the model was truncated.

    One thing I did do was put a blob of blue tack on the arm that triggers the z-axis limit switch. That was to avoid the issue where the build plate knob would hit the top of the acrylic cover and cause the z-axis stepper motor to make angry sounds. (It happened during one of my builds when I forgot to leave it open after walking away from it.) What I don't remember is if I was to compensate for that lost height within creation workshop. I don't even know if this would affect the model like this, but I should check anyway.
    Ron
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    So what I see in CWS is that the slices are live - that is, it if make a modification to the 3D image, like move the Z-axis up 1.0 mm, the slices change position.

    When I added the base, I forgot to raise the cat to sit on top of the base than below the surface. While the print was running, I moved it up 1.0 mm thinking that the slice images were locked in when I sliced it.

    I went back after the print and resliced with the cat sitting on the base and it render the ear tip properly.

    So, don't futz with the 3D images while printing because it will affect the slice images.
    Ron
Sign In or Register to comment.