Update on Draken improvement based on feedback from ultimate backers

Comments

• JHSJHS Member, Backers
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3dfacture/draken-affordable-fast-high-res-dlp-sla-3d-printer/posts/1350817

Update was posted to Kickstarter yesterday! Looks very promising I must say. I hope Andrew and the team have a smooth production and assembly process for their sake as well as ours! 
    ;)
  • GravelleGravelle Member, Backers
    So how is the assembly/shipping going?  The update said shipping was going to be resuming this week.  Just curious if anyone has received a shipping notice/tracking number.

@Andrew_3Dfacture, how is the assembly of the new linear stages going?
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.
  • kniborknibor Member, Backers
    Andrew told me he should ship the lineair stages for ultimate backers tomorrow/today (he said tomorrow at 2 AM for me... don't know which timezone he is in ;))
    Thanks for the info knibor, I figure I should be about 25th in line if I am the last backer at my pledge level to receive a draken. Already paid my shipping so just waiting on that tracking number. Hopefully the assembly is going well and there haven't been any extra delays discovered.
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.
  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    The assembly goes well and we have packed over 20 Draken boxes~
    The shipping is being arranged.  The release of iPhone 6s recently makes all major carriers super busy.  We may have to choose DHL this time since Fedex are all reserved by Apple.:P
  • JHSJHS Member, Backers
    edited September 2015

The assembly goes well and we have packed over 20 Draken boxes~
    The shipping is being arranged.  The release of iPhone 6s recently makes all major carriers super busy.  We may have to choose DHL this time since Fedex are all reserved by Apple.:P

Great news! Thanks for the hard work Andrew and team :)

Quite funny that Apple is able to disrupt the service to that extent, but hopefully the Draken units can be sent with ease and with little holdup!
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer

We may have to choose DHL this time since Fedex are all reserved by Apple.:P

Be careful with your commercial invoice again! DHL will get lazy, so it may make sense to break apart shipment items that could be troublesome with customs. Or mark those items as samples with low value. A t-shirt shouldn't be more than $5 in value and I doubt customs would question it. Or combined it in the kit as a cleaning cloth like Shane mentioned. ;-)
    Ron
    Thanks for the update @Andrew_3Dfacture.  Hopefully it doesn't take long to get the printers shipped.  I'll be standing by for shipment notification.  

@Thijs, that sounds like something to handle over a private message to Andrew.  I wouldn't be too concerned at this point if I were you.  It's not like the rest of us have our printers and you're getting shortchanged.
  • ThijsThijs Member, Backers
    @gravelle it's just frustration man, I can't delete my comment though
  • David_BarryDavid_Barry Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    How the New lineair stages for ultimate backer going? Did they ship? Do you  have tracking numbers?
    Hudson Valley, NY Draken Ultimate Package Arrived 7-6-2015
  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    The new replacement linear stages have been shipped out to ultimate backers today through DHL.
    Tracking number will/have been sent through private messages.
    Looks like mine made it through the Cincinnati hub, should see it tomorrow. Too bad I have to go to Columbus Wed/Thurs for college recruiting. :-P

I'm looking forward to installing the new linear stage! Anything special we need to know about it to do the retrofit?
    Ron
  • sabotagesabotage Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    edited September 2015
    Just saw mine cleared customs in LA. Should arrive Wed or Thurs.
    Shane...
    imageBacker(Ultimate Package - delivered on July 1, 2015)
    How do you guys track and trace your package...? My track en trace code just gives errors when entered on DHL site... Is it safe to post it here? Or does the code include adresses?
    How do you guys track and trace your package...? My track en trace code just gives errors when entered on DHL site... Is it safe to post it here?
    For the US version of the DHL site, we don't have any "Track and Trace" option for parcel tracking.  I selected the "Express" package tracking when entering the tracking ID that @Andrew_3Dfacture sent me.

I'm not sure if this url will work for all destinations/countries, but here is what I used:

Shane...
    edited September 2015
    sabotage said:

Just saw mine cleared customs in LA. Should arrive Wed or Thurs.

Well, lucky me, my linear stage replacement was just delivered!  I should go buy a lottery ticket ;)

12Delivered - Signed for by : REDACTEDREDACTED11:09
    Shane...
    Yeah, mine showed up today as well. I will get a chance to install it before I head down to Columbus tomorrow. :-D
    Ron
    knibor said:

How do you guys track and trace your package...? My track en trace code just gives errors when entered on DHL site... Is it safe to post it here? Or does the code include adresses?

You might even be able to type in "DHL" and the tracking number into google and it will take you to the right webpage to track it.
    Ron
    Yayy mine arrived too! Gonna build and test it today :) if replacement succeeded I will let you know directly :)
    First ring print after installing the new parts. Worlds of difference!  :-bd "Dar be straight lines Captain!"

Ron
    Nice! I'm gonna build straight away! How much work was it?
    It took me about an hour to take it apart and get it put back together. I had some issues with the stepper motor not running and I had to reboot my computer to get Creation Workshop to talk to the printer again to drive the Z-axis manually.

It helped I took it apart previously so I knew what to do. I also had unwrapped some of the wire loom to get the cables out so I didn't have to do that again cuz I was too lazy to re-loom it. ;)
    Ron
  • JHSJHS Member, Backers
    rkundla said:

First ring print after installing the new parts. Worlds of difference!  :-bd "Dar be straight lines Captain!"

Great to see the wobble issue has been fixed! Just out of curiosity, what resolution are we looking at with this print and around how long did it take?
    With my modified projector, it was in slot 2 at 41 microns X-Y. I was using 50 micron Z with a 20-25 second exposure time for b9creator 1:1 red:cherry resin.

Took about 4 hours.
    Ron
    Haha I just finished rebuilding mine and indeed it also took me around an hour ;) but the projector mount was already out and I also already unwrapped the cables and was to lazy to re-loom :p So maybe for other people it might take a little longer ;)
  • ThijsThijs Member, Backers
    @rkundia what do you find to be the benefits to this mixture as opposed to just having the red or cherry resin?
    Cherry operates at slice thicknesses 50 micron and smaller where red it 70 microns and larger. For my 50 micron slice thickness, the 1:1 mix seems to give me the best of both worlds.

Eventually I may try pure cherry, but the 1:1 mix seems to be working well so far.
    Ron
    So I printed a config cube with 3DFacture settings, zoom set all the way too left and than focussed, settings were perfect qwa size :) only some light bleed ;)! Here are pics of the config cube : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i8xbhbo540lt5e9/AAC_dYgJsFJk217cXjqoEsh-a?dl=0 will place the pics on the forum later when I'm able too
    Nice knibor! You didn't have to adjust the scale in Creation Workshop?
    Ron
    Nope :) it was already perfect ^^ So the settings from 3Dfacture are with zoom all the way too left and first slot not counted ;)