Update on Draken improvement based on feedback from ultimate backers

13»

Comments

• Joseph_OsbornJoseph_Osborn Member, Backers
    @knibor, what resin are you showing us?
  • kniborknibor Member, Backers
    Makerjuice G+ black old blend on 3rd slot and an exposure time of 6700 ms @Joseph_Osborn
  • AkshayAkshay Member, Backers
    Have received a notification from dhl about the shipment and awaiting more information. Any way of knowing when would the machine be actually shipped ?
  • JHSJHS Member, Backers
    Have received a notification from dhl about the shipment and awaiting more information. Any way of knowing when would the machine be actually shipped ?
    If you were in the same boat as me, it should have shipped on Friday the 22nd of September with the unit arriving in "a week or so" from that date, at least here in Australia according to @Andrew_3Dfacture

This is what he had to say in the shipment notification thread:

Seems the shipping tracking doesn't show any update yet.   
    This makes us worried that the packages is still lined up at DHL due to the per-holiday package rush.  We contacted the carrier again but didn't receive response - they are likely on holiday till Oct. 5th.  Feel disappointed on the carrier since they promised that the packages were transferred to DHL at Hongkong on Wed (we sent the packages to the carrier last Thursday).   Thus, we are not sure on the status of the packages at this moment either besides checking DHL site.
    We apologize for the delay and will keep contacting the carrier and get everyone updated if we heard back from them.

But others have also noted that they haven't received updates and like myself have contacted DHL who said that the shipment hasn't been picked up yet. This is what they told me:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

This shipment has not been sent yet.

The shipper has created the shipping label in the system for this address, but the package has not been physically handed to DHL Express at this stage."

If this is true, I'm very angry as I have waited much too long for this to arrive, and the coming Monday is supposed to be the absolute latest date for me to start printing parts for my university graduation project. That's before even considering that there hasn't even been time for testing and setup so I am getting extremely impatient now.

• Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    Just communicated with the carrier again.  The packages have been in the carrier agent's truck since Sep. 24th and
    moved to Hongkong storage on Sep. 29th.   They told us that DHL at
    Hongkong can not handle so many packages due to holiday and Apple iPhone
    6s shipping, thus lock off all package acceptance on Sep. 29, 30th and
    won't get shipping resumed till Oct. 5th.  We asked why DHL Hongkong is still shipping over holiday according to what @kjlkurt mentioned. They said DHL is taking direct shipping (which means if individual customer directly bring to their counter) but stopped taking carrier agent's truck drop off since Sep. 29th.  

In the end,  the carrier said they will assure the shipping to be done the first thing on Oct 5th morning once DHL opens. Sorry for the delay, this is really embarrassing. 
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    Do you think you can get some sort of compensation from the carrier due to them not letting you know about this unreported delay? This doesn't show up when you track the airbill, right?

You'd think that the shipping companies would get their **** together when they know, certainly in advance, that Apple is about to ship out a ton of merchandise from Asia. That the shipping companies would hire more temporary workers or increase shift duration to deal with the influx of packages. Thumbs down for Apple for not just finding a charter company to use outside of FedEx, UPS or DHL for their air shipments.
    Ron
  • Wow, For me, the shipping was a significant investment - the sort of amount that really expects 3-day service, not 3-week service! 

Pretty disappointed in the shipper!
  • JHSJHS Member, Backers
    Seriously cannot believe this. After all of the promises to have it shipped out before all that bearing size mess and now this. I understand not everything is under your control but this is ridiculous. If I had known that it would be shipped AFTER the deadline I have to begin printing parts for my graduation project, I would have invested my money elsewhere. Also failed to mention that the projector and resin pack would be shipped at a later date from the US which I got a notification of at the end of last week... so even if I did have the printer, it would have been useless anyway until that arrived.

Now I will have to look elsewhere to get my parts done with a much smaller budget at hand. Not happy at all to say the least.
  • GravelleGravelle Member, Backers
    @JHS, having been an engineering student myself.  I wouldn't have hung my hopes and dreams for a senior design project on a kickstarter campaign.  That's just bad planning.  At the end of the day you're still getting a good printer that worst case scenario you can resell for probably equal to or more than you bought it for.
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.
  • ThijsThijs Member, Backers
    I forgot...what was this thread about?
  • JHSJHS Member, Backers
    Gravelle said:

@JHS, having been an engineering student myself.  I wouldn't have hung my hopes and dreams for a senior design project on a kickstarter campaign.  That's just bad planning.  At the end of the day you're still getting a good printer that worst case scenario you can resell for probably equal to or more than you bought it for.

Industrial design student here, and I don't for a second believe it was bad planning to have a printer that was supposed to be shipped out in April, leaving plenty of time for testing and tuning to suit my needs. As I said, if I knew it would take 6 months more to arrive than what was quoted in the Kickstarter, I wouldn't have invested in this at all.

In the end, lesson learnt and I have to live with it and I'm still keen to receive the unit and begin testing it. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm not happy with this whole situation. I've been very understanding and supportive till now, but my patience has run out.
    I guess the thread is about feedback on improvements however, it seems that this is the only thread where I seem to get some information. At this point I'm just expecting communication and not have to post personal messages that goes unanswered. Maybe there is another thread that informs all backers about the shipping etc but I don't know about it and if there is one I'm not a part of it. This lack of information raises my anxiety.

If there isn't another thread for shipping and invoicing issues, maybe one should be opened and I would gladly post my issues there. I do have a lot of queries on invoicing and how the product has been described in the invoice as that has a bearing on the amount of customs that I pay. Moreover, I have received another email from USPS about shipment and don't know what that is exactly and especially for shipping to India - USPS is bad news ..it gets transferred to two other local postal service and in my experience, stuff lands up after 3-4 months.

Still I look forward to contributing towards the original intent of this thread once I get my printer... 
    :)>-
  • ThijsThijs Member, Backers
    @akshay there is a whole area on the forum just for backers which is invisible to you since your account doesn't have backer status. If you are a backer @andrew_3Dfacture can fix this for you
    @Thijs .. Thanks and noted.
  • sabotagesabotage Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    @Akshay, I suggest also sending them a message via the Kickstarter project page as well.  In the past, some have noted that they get a faster response when using that versus sending them a direct message here.  Just send them your forum name used here (Akshay) and as to be added to the "Backers" group.  This will open up another forum category for you.
    Shane...
    imageBacker(Ultimate Package - delivered on July 1, 2015)
    @sabotage .. Thanks .. Have done as you suggested.