Some experimental rings
When I cast the crest, I also cast two rings that I printed, z-axis wobble defects and all. I didn't take any photos this time of the resin prints or the just-cast pieces, but I put some degree of finishing on it. They are not 100% clean to my level of standards for a sale, but I am just using them as test/concept rings so they will work as intended.
This is a 14x10 oval standing open bezel ring that I've had previously printed at Shapeways. I needed to carve away at the band to reshape the z-axis wobble defects. Still could use some work, but it measures out pretty close so I will be able to set a stone in there.
This is a custom basket for a cushion cut aquamarine approximately 7.6 x 5.4 mm. The shank detail by the basket is all warped from the z-axis wobble and I didn't try to go in there with gravers to 'correct' it. This will be a chance to see how well my prongs held up and whether I need to change their thickness the next time around.