Touchscreen

Hi somebody posted this at the Creation workshop forum (credits too kitprinter3D by posting the link there) http://swag.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-7-inch-touchscreen-display I can See my printer having this :D Just replace the front cover of the machine or let it laser cut somewhere :)!

Currently this is unsupported by CWH but maybe somewhere in the future :)! I Can imagine using this and it will make the Draken printer a complete standalone printer!

What do you guys think of this?

(BTW : Sorry andrew... You logo needs to make place for the touchscreen than ... :/)

Comments

• rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    edited September 2015
    That would be pretty cool to have although I'd imagine that the Raspberry Pi would be a dog trying to move the 3D graphics around via the CW interface.

I do have some concerns on Creation Workshop. My copy I run on Windows leaks memory like a leaky faucet leaks water. I've had STL files loaded where the total memory allocated to CW was 2 GB! Also, CW does not seem to run very threaded or if it does, too many other things can interfere with it because I have seen commands issued to the Draken slow down while my computer is running (has 6 GB of RAM on a Intel Core 2 Quad 9550.

The Kickstarter campaign talked about custom software for the Draken. I wonder how that is coming along?

Ron
  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    We have made a Java based software that can run in all platforms. The basic functions work now but slicing has problem with large files.  Have to solve stability problem as well.
  • kniborknibor Member, Backers
    @rkundla strange I haven't got any memory problems so far! But I haven't tried any really big prints maybe that's the problem here too ;)! Creation workshop has still some nasty bugs... But hey it's free ;)! The only bummer is that pacmanfan removed the project from github... (Due to too many clones) So nobody can contribute to coding anymore :/ (otherwise we could have some programmers in our middle that could help :))
  • sabotagesabotage Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    I've had CW also completely just crash from memory allocation errors when slicing some very large models too.

Really, with CWH, all I need CW for now is the slicing and ability to tweak any configs on a per-print basis.  I'm trying to read up on how to add the Draken as a printer for the Spark "PrintManager" part of PrintStudio... If I can get that to work, I'll likely switch to using it.

@Andrew_3Dfacture, I'm sure we'd all like to know more about the SW you guys are building, but, I suspect it is more important to get printers delivered first ;)  Please do share more when you can though.
    Shane...
    imageBacker(Ultimate Package - delivered on July 1, 2015)
  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    It will be cool to add Draken into the Spark printer list.   We are willing to provide technical details if any information is needed to connect to Spark platform.