Printed Vat Pouring Spout

The great thing about 3DPrinting is that when you decide you need something it is easy enough to just print it. Today I printed a removable resin pouring spout to keep resin from running down the side of the vat when you empty it. Turned out nice. Printed at 82microns xy axis and 50 microns in the z axis. 3 seconds per layer and 8 seconds for 20 base layers. I printed it with a raft to make sure it stuck to the platform and just cut it off afterwards.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EfgW21rXyST24wUmFFbXdFLVk/view?usp=docslist_api
Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.

Comments

• GravelleGravelle Member, Backers
    It failed BTW ha-ha, didn't make it wide enough. I will probably try this again some other time. A pouring spout is a great idea for future vat designs.... Hint hint @Andrew_3Dfacture. Also an orange acrylic lid would be good for keeping resin stored in the vat.
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.
  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    Pretty interesting idea and good demo of 3D printing application, @Gravelle!
    Can you share the design/stl file of the working version so that other users to give it a try  or help improve the design?
    Thanks.
  • sabotagesabotage Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    Cool idea!  I've seen other Resin printer kits/products start including a pour spout on their VATs too.
    Shane...
    imageBacker(Ultimate Package - delivered on July 1, 2015)