Clip for Plantronics headset remote

chizchiz Member, Backers
edited January 2016 in Prints and Samples
This is a sample print of the result of using MakerJuice G+ resin with the settings as documented in Ron's resin compatibility spreadsheet.

I've printed this removable clip for the Plantronics Blackwire 500 C520-M headset that I use. I can say that Draken has pretty much accurately printed the clip as I designed it. See the pics below how the clip fits the remote very snugly. :)

Comments

• Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    Nice real-life example, @chiz!
    Flexible or tough resin would be better material choice for such clip-on prints. 
  • chizchiz Member, Backers
    Thanks @Andrew_3DFacture!

I used MakerJuice G+ on this and I've already broken the clips twice. I'm getting an SF and will see if this resin variant will fare better for this need.
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    Yeah that MakerJuice G+ gets *really* brittle when cured through with UV light.

For a clip like that @chiz, I think the resin with the flex when cured will be your best bet. I don't know if anyone else has tried MakerJuice SF. I haven't really looked at my resin spreadsheet to see if it has been updated <sigh> too much to do, so little time. ;-)
    Ron
  • chizchiz Member, Backers
    @rkundla
    Actually my SF order just arrived today. Although I made a huge mistake -- I accidentally ordered the Form 1 variant not the UV/DLP one. :-O

Advice from MakerJuice is that I can use this variant but would require longer exposure times. I'll first try the settings I've used for the G+ and will report back. I guess I'm gonna have an interesting weekend coming up.
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    Good luck with that @chiz! I guess the Form1 version must have more pigment than the DLP version to have a longer cure?
    Ron
  • kniborknibor Member, Backers
    @Chiz @rkundla I'm printing with SF black :)! It works great for me ;)! and is really flexible but still though enough! I would advice it :)!