Giant Rook

Time for another timelapse everyone.  Hope you guys have been enjoying these. I've noticed that I'm pretty much the only person on youtube making timelapses of resin prints so that's kind of surprising.  This model was printed after making the creation workshop walkthrough guide that I posted in the general discussion area.  I printed this using slot 7 at 12s exposures with 24s bottom layer exposure and 15 bottom layers.  I used fun to do deep black standard blend resin.  Enjoy, I tried to get some high res pictures in there at the end to show some of the inner detail of the model.  The video is posted at the link below.  Let me know what you think. 

-Gravelle
Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.

Comments

• rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    I tried to make a timelapse and didn't get a good enough movie out of it. It didn't help I was trying to capture a ring print since it is so small. ;-)

Keep up the good work!
    Ron
  • Andrew_3DfactureAndrew_3Dfacture Member, Moderator, Backers
    Nice work, Gravelle.  We will post your video on our website to attract some traffic.
    Somehow your video is hard to be searched out directly under google when search Draken 3D printer or 3Dfacture (maybe low ranking?).  Any idea to improve the SEO and ranking or attract some traffic is appreciated.
    :)
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    I think it will take some time for it to be picked up by Google, but some of Gravelle's other older videos do show up on the first page.
    Ron
  • GravelleGravelle Member, Backers
    These were the  search results I got on youtube and google

My videos made up a solid half of the results for each search site.  Youtube is owned by google so no surprise there.  I'll include a link to the 3DFacture website in all my printing videos to try and drive traffic there.  And if you wouldn't mind adding a link to the Garage Science channel page when you post videos to the website that would be greatly appreciated and is a good way to get people to watch more than one printing video.  

Looking forward, I'm going to try and copper plate the one finger knuck I made in the printing setup guide.  So hopefully I should have a video up going over my electroplating bath and the results from plating the 3D printed part in the next couple of weeks.

The best way to increase the ranking of my videos is for people to watch them and watch them all the way through.  Youtube doesn't necessarily rank off of view count but off of watch time.  If we drive traffic to my channel or to my videos that will increase how youtube ranks them in the search results.  I use all the relevant keywords in my video descriptions and tags so at this point traffic is the best bet I think.
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.