Trouble with CW

Hello guys,
i have some troubles with a specific STL file on CW.
once i create a scene with this file, i am not able to download it anymore to CW. The file is 25 MB and does not seems to present any bug.

Have you met this kind of trouble with CW, is it because of the size of the file ?

thanks for your help

Comments

• rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    Are you loading the STL and then creating a CWS from it? Then you load the CWS and it doesn't work?

File size can cause your machine to slow down if you do not have enough memory, but it shouldn't not load, unless the STL file is defective.

If you turn on the console (it is the button on the bottom right tab that looks like the C: prompt of a computer. It will divide the main winodw with a text console that shows you status. If you try to load the file, check there for errors.

Ron
  • AD001AD001 Member, Backers
    Having opened >1gb STL's in CW, I can confirm that they'll still open. You'll hate CW with a passion, but by golly I got it to slice.

How do you mean that you aren't able to download it into CW anymore? Is it just not showing up, and if so, have you ensured that when you go to open it you have selected .cws in the drop-down filetype in the open file subwindow? Do other scenes open? Which part of the process doesn't work? Rklunda's advice to have the console open is useful as well- just remember sometimes you have to manually scroll to the bottom on it :)
  • nicolasnicolas Member, Backers
    ok, i am going to test your solutions.
    thanks
    Ok, i have just checked the console as you told me so Rkundla and i have this error code:
    Err :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

to be honest, i have no idea what is the trouble as i have proceed as always. it there a problem on my stl file that impact the cws file i want to download ?
    Hello,
    problem solved. It seemed that the last element viewed by CW when i was saving my scene was a support and not the part. 
    The support was selecting in a redlines box.

So when i was dowsloading the file, CW could not see any object.

i made good doawload of my file now.

thanks for your help
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    :-bd

Glad you got it straightened out @nicolas. It is just about impossible to get any support out of the author of Creation Workshop.

Ron
  • AD001AD001 Member, Backers
    rkundla said:

:-bd

Glad you got it straightened out @nicolas. It is just about impossible to get any support out of the author of Creation Workshop.

Especially now that they've kinda-maybe-not-really-but-still-look-like-it-but-haven't-released-new-features monetized.