Possible Mask Generation for Creation Workshop

rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
While browsing other 3D printer forums (like to see what the others are up to ;-)) I found an interesting article on the mUVe3D forum on using light sensitive paper to capture an exposure profile for the projector.

You may need to subscribe to it to read it.

I may look for some of this paper and give it a try.
Ron

Comments

• GravelleGravelle Member, Backers
    Great find, I was just looking into light distribution issues/solutions myself.  I've been work on a java program to generate a mask, but that may end up being an over complicated way of doing this if you can just use UV sensitive paper.

On a different note, has anyone tried evening out the light intensity distribution by adjusting the position of the lamp in the projector.  I noticed the focal point of the lamp wasn't centered on the mirrors of my projector.  I made some slight modifications and I think I have it centered now.  Haven't tried printing anything yet though.  Anyways, just curious if I'm the first person to try this.

-Gravelle
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.
  • GravelleGravelle Member, Backers
    Just as a follow up so no one else tries to copy me.  Moving the projector lamp caused no resin to be cured when printing.  Even though it appeared that the focal point of the projector lamp wasn't centered the results say that it is fairly well aligned already.  I'm working on doing some somewhat unique calibration prints to basically print the light distribution of the projector.
    Check out my Youtube channel Garage Science for videos and tutorials about printing with the Draken.
  • rkundlarkundla Member, Moderator, Backers, Ultimate Backer
    @Gravelle I think when the projectors are engineered, they may take some of that into consideration when the lenses or the parabolic reflector are designed, so moving the actual light source around might cause too much loss of the wavelengths we are interested in for curing resin.

I am curious to know what did you do specifically to move it around?
    Ron