Reify 3D's SolusCast on the Draken
I received a sample of Reify 3D's SolusCast resin to test with the Draken printer and my casting process.
I used my recent earring model for this test for something familar. I used the same configuration for my B9 Emerald and 3Dfacture Green resin. The results were pretty nice, very crisp detail. The resin finished a little different than the Emerald. It was more brittle and when cut, it fractured into little slivers/flakes of shiny resin.
I then cured it using my Emerald methods and sprued it up for casting.
I burned out the flask using my standard process
1 hr at 300F
2 hrs at 700F
3 hrs at 1350F
1 hr at 900F
ramp rate of 1200F/hr
Here is how it came out
Notice both the positive and negative defects. I am guessing it was expansion that damaged the area around the prongs up front. All that damage ended up becoming negative defects, or there were some other broken off bits somewhere else.
So next time I try it, I will try to reduce the ramp rate to hopefully reduce the expansion to get my detail back. The other side is to increase the length at 1350 in order to burn out more of that ash residue.